© 2020 by ASA contact us.

Tel: 979-234-5212

107 East Main Street Eagle Lake, Texas  77434

Follow us

  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square

Vivian's Historic Venue

Then & Now

Recently restored 3,200 square foot historic venue located on the square in downtown Eagle Lake offers seating for up to 120 in a friendly environment.  

 

Vivian's Historic Venue was built in 1904 by R. B. Dobbins.  The same year, Mr. J. Nathan and Son moved their clothing business into the building.  In 1917, the B. H. Daily Dry Goods Store, in business since 1899 moved in.  Spanihel & Son opened in 1947 and operated their dry goods store there until 1995.  The second floor was used for various fraternal organizations for meetings.  In the mid-40's, Shell Oil Co. set up office space while constructing a huge plant near Sheridan, Texas.  The present owners, Vivian & Homer Hurst, made extensive renovations and started an antique shop, and have recently opened the venue for special events, making Vivian's Historic Venue "Your Party Place".